FEATURES OF FINGER DERMATOGLYPHICS IN MEN PRONE TO SEXUAL CRIMES
The article presents the data obtained during the study of the finger dermatoglyphs of persons who have committed sexual crimes, since there are currently no scientific works that would reflect the relationship between the manifestations of the phenotype (in particular, dermatoglyphic signs) in persons prone to crimes of the specified type.
The aim of the study is to determine the complex of dermatoglyphic parameters of the fingers that make up the dermatoglyphic constitution of persons who have a propensity for sexual crimes (rape).
Material and methods. Two groups of persons were studied: 1st group – corpses of persons who committed sexual crimes (50 persons); 2nd group - persons of the control group (50 persons).
Research methods: dermatoglyphic, statistical analysis.
Results. It was established that the frequency of radial loops on the left hand was 59.60% in rapists against 22.67% in CG, on the right - 56.80% against 19.56%, respectively; of ulnar loops - 3.20% versus 37.78% on and 3.60% versus 40.00% on the left, the frequency of arcs - 14.40% versus 4.44% on the left and 12.00% versus 5.33% on the left Rapists had radial loops on the first fingers of the left and right hands most often - 44.00% and 42.00%, respectively, curls (26.00% and 38.00%) and complex patterns (22.00% and 18.00%) ), ulnar loops – in 2.00% on both hands, arcs – in 6.00% on the left hand and did not occur on the right; on the II fingers of the arc - 34.00% on the left and 32.00% on the right hands, radial loops (30.00% 24.00%) and curls (20.00% 26.00%), ulnar loops (8, 00% and 10.00%), complex patterns (8.00% each); on the III finger - radial loops (68.00% and 70.00%) and arcs (18.00% on both hands), spiral patterns (10.00% and 4.00%), ulnar loops and complex patterns on 2.00%; radial loops (72.00% and 70.00%) and spiral patterns (16.00% and 24.00%) were most often found on the IV fingers of both hands, other patterns - 2.00% each; on V finger radial loops 84.00% and 78.00%, other patterns - from 2.00% to 8.00%. In CG, ulnar loops were most often found on I, III and V fingers of both hands (35.56%, 40.00% and 53.55%), and on II, IV – spiral patterns (33.33% and 47.78% ) and ulnar loops (30.00% and 35.55%); there were no arcs on IV and V fingers. A statistically significantly higher number of radial loops in rapists than in CG men was established on the fingers of both hands except for II, arcs except for III, a smaller number of ulnar loops on all fingers of both hands and curls on IV and V fingers (p < 0, 01).
Conclusions. In the course of the study, the presence of phenotypic (dermatoglyphic) signs characteristic of persons prone to sexual crimes was established:
- The structure of digital dermatoglyphics is dominated by radial loops, rarely complex patterns and ulnar loops.
- The peculiarities of homolateral symmetry were revealed: mostly there are 2-3 types of patterns in various combinations; radial loops prevail on the I fingers of both hands, arcs and complex patterns are rare; on II fingers - arcs, radial loops and curls prevail, rarely - ulnar loops and complex patterns; complex patterns and radial loops predominate on III-V fingers.
- Features of bilateral symmetry are not revealed.
- The values of the comb count I of the fingers of both hands in persons who have committed sexual crimes are statistically significantly (p<0.001) different from the values of this in the control group.
- The values of the delta score of the fingers of the left and right hands of rapists and men of the control group do not differ.
Авторське право (c) 2023 Art of Medicine
Ця робота ліцензується відповідно до Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.