PREVALENCE OF DENTAL DEFECTS AMONG CHILDREN IVANO-FRANKIVSK REGION
One of the main reasons for the violation of normal eruption of permanent teeth is the high prevalence of carious process, which leads to partial or complete destruction and premature removal of teeth during temporary and early variable occlusion, which contributes to the development of dental anomalies and deformities of the dentition among children. Premature removal of deciduous teeth, especially molars, untimely prosthetics or its absence cause a mesial displacement of the lateral teeth, the severity of which depends on the time of loss of deciduous molars.
Purpose. To study the prevalence and features of the clinic of dentition defects among children of different ages to the possibility of planning of methods of prevention and treatment of dental anomalies and deformities.
Materials and methods: To study the prevalence of dentition defects, we examined 600 children of Ivano-Frankivsk region, divided into the following age groups:
- 205 children, aged 3-5 years (temporary bite);
- 200 children aged 6-9 years (early variable bite);
- 195 children aged 10-12 years (late variable bite).
Examinations were conducted in organized children's groups (kindergarten, school).
Results. The high prevalence and intensity of the carious process among children of Ivano-Frankivsk region leads to premature removal of deciduous teeth, the appearance of dentition defects and the creation of favorable conditions for the development of dental anomalies and deformities. As a result of research it was found that at the age of 3-5 years in 5.4 ± 1.6% of children had defects of dentitions due to the premature removal of deciduous teeth, and in 6.3 ± 1.7% of children revealed complete destruction of crowns and the presence of milk roots teeth.
Among children aged 6-8 years, the prevalence of dentition defects increases every year, which is obviously due to the increasing prevalence of carious process, while at the age of 9 years the number of children with dentition defects decreases, as in the areas of existing defects of permanent premolars and canines begin to erupt.
The results of the research among children aged 10-12 years indicate a decrease in the prevalence of dentition defects caused by the removal of deciduous teeth due to the eruption in the areas of defects of permanent premolars and canines. However, dentition defects can persist due to the violation of the eruption of permanent teeth, the presence of retained or incomplete teeth. In addition, the number of children with defects,caused by the removal of permanent teeth, is increasing.
- The increase in the prevalence of carious process in children during the period of milk bite from (46.3 ± 6.1) % at the age of 3 years to (77.3 ± 4.8) % at the age of 5 years leads to an increase in the prevalence of dentition defects from (1.5 ± 1.5)% to (10.7 ± 3.6)%, respectively. This dynamics of indicators indicates the creation of favorable conditions for the development of dental anomalies and deformities.
- Among children aged 6-8 years, the prevalence of dentition defects increases every year from (31.4 ± 6.5)% to (64.2 ± 6.6)%, while at the age of 9 years the number of children with defects of the dentition decreases to (40.4 ± 7.2)%, as in the areas of existing defects begin to erupt permanent premolars and canines.
- During the period of late variable occlusion, the prevalence of dentition defects decreases from (28.6 ± 5.7)% at the age of 10 years to (17.2 ± 4.7)% at the age of 12 years due to eruption in areas defects of permanent teeth.
Авторське право (c) 2020 Art of Medicine
Ця робота ліцензується відповідно до Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.